New SEO Strategies and Backlink Building Tips
By: Joe Prasad
Category: Search Marketing
April 6, 2012
Recent changes to the Google search algorithms have demanded that website owners use new SEO strategies to draw traffic to their pages. The changes to the algorithms are varied, but one of the most compelling things to affect the current search algorithms is the addition of the Google plus one button to Google search results. Also known as +1, this button will carry a lot more weight than the often used Facebook “like” button. Other changes that will have a large impact are the variances that occur in the search algorithms with the inclusion of Search plus Your World.
In order to keep pace with these changes, many website developers are testing out various new SEO strategies. Other developers are creating mobile sites that may be more likely to appear in the mobile search results. However, most analysts agree that it’s futile to rely solely on search engines for the bulk of your web traffic. The following list is a look at five ways to build quality backlinks without getting penalized by the mighty Google.
1. Content can be your most important backlink. The truth of the matter is that regardless of how long you spend building backlinks or using new SEO strategies, content is still the most important part of any website. Quality content will be well received by readers, and it will increase a website’s chances of being linked to by other websites.
2. Create backlinks by guest blogging. When you post content to other websites, you also get the opportunity to include a link to your own website. However, when doing this, it is important to keep in mind that you should write quality content regardless of where your material is going to be published. This will increase your credibility as a writer.
3. Link to other blogs or websites on your blog or website. By including links to other authoritative websites on your site, you increase your reputability, but you also increase your visibility. In most cases, if you have linked to another blog, your trackback will appear in the comments section of that blog.
4. Plug your website in directories. For years, many analysts have decried the role of directories and in particular single source directories. Although this may change as the search algorithms get more sophisticated, it’s still important to have your site listed in as many of the right directories as possible, such as the Better Business Bureau. To create targeted traffic, you should attempt to focus more of your efforts on creating backlinks in directories that are well curated and vetted. Inclusions in these resource lists will ultimately prove to be more valuable than inclusion in a directory that no one reads except for the people who are listing in them.
5. Website owners who wish to draw more attention to their mobile sites may wish to focus on emerging trends like QR codes. These two dimensional codes are placed on offline products, and once a user scans them with their smart phone, they are instantly taken to the associated URL. The use of these codes have been known to increase upload of pages by forty percent or more.
By integrating these five backlink building tactics and a few other new SEO strategies, website owners can look forward to getting more traffic to their sites. For optimal results, you should integrate as many of these strategies as possible.